Feeds

back to article Comedy UK social network berates moaning users

Maverick UK social network Faceparty has today told its millions of users it "can't be arsed" with their attitudes, and so has "shut the whole site down and fucked off to the zoo". According to an outstanding rant posted to faceparty.com today and titled "To tha Haterz", the site's users have been complaining over an unfulfilled …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Alert

RE: Hmmm...not sure I agree...

Dude, you obviously haven't kept up with FP have you?

Its never allowed anyone under 16 on there.

Anonymous Coward

Ltd

Hang on why make a Ltd co for your hobby? should I become "off to play golf Ltd" or "tinker with my landrover PLC" ?

Flame

It's the..

biggest users and abusers that are always bagging out the "haterz".

Take a hint, learn a valuable life lesson - when you treat everyone badly, the number of people with a grudge against you builds up real quick. So if you have lots of "haterz", take a look in the mirror, you are probably the one with the problem, not them.

Bless 'em

I always liked the fp ethos - clapped out clubbers from the days before parties became corporate running a site for the bored, the desperate and the hopeless (oops - was that supposed to read 'cool and single'?). I doubt that there will ever be a more complete selection of manual labourers displaying their torsos or single mothers pouting desperately in to their webcams on display in one place ever again.

A tragedy that they never got to sell out. It should be bought by the nation for posterity.

Thumb Down

Cough cough.....

Doing it for free?

Bollocks.

I wish I could tell you more.

Bronze badge
Pirate

Respect!

OK, I'll own up. I'm nearly 45 and unlikely to ever go on the site, fancy dress or no. Having said that, though, I have nothing but respect for them. It takes a lot of balls these days to do something like that.

Coat

Add your own comment

They're obviously shaving the fat (over 35s') to cultivate an attractive demographic that is more salable to advertisers (18-25) and ultimately lucrative for them, it's not rocket science, all done under the guise of that laugably contrived "down with the yoof" routine.

FP more than likely have some sort of 30 something Nathan Barely figure in the shadows orchestrating things , possibly the cringe worthy admin that seem incapable of stringing legibly grammaticized / punctuated sentences together , which seems in and of it self cynically devised attempt at some sort of “down with the yoof” informal . It's all a bit patronizing and calculated really.

Linux

1001 uses for a used limitation

"Hang on why make a Ltd co for your hobby?"

Because money is changing hands, and there are costs to be borne, and creating a limited liabilty company does exactly that - limits the personal liability of the operators if it all goes Horribly Wrong(tm).

Plenty of people run Limited companies as vehicles for hobbies, often with a view to stepping up to a full-time paying career, but not always. You see them at comic cons, book trades and computer fairs.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.