back to article Vista on your iPhone - almost 'perfection'

Sitting at the perfect, if somewhat niche, intersection of Windows Vista and Apple iPhone fandom is this: VistaPerfection 2.0. Independent developer Spec-Works has released VistaPerfection 2.0 to ModifyMyPhone, an iPhone site covering hacked and unlocked devices, that lets you give your iPhone that unmistakable Vista-look-and- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Jobs Halo

@JayKay

Dude calm down. I believe that the original AC was just suggesting that the only hardware difference is teh replacement of the legacy BIOS with EFI. They called it a mod just to indicate that it was a really insignificant bit of hardware to change.

The AC was right - Apple is selling the same exact crap as Dell, HP, etc, but with a different bit of code running at boot and a shiny box wrapped around. It's funny that your only problem with that comment was that the AC didn't refer to EFI in a technically correct manner, yet you were angry enough with it to post twice on the subject...

Paris Hilton

@JayKay

I used BIOS as an insult as the hardware is pretty much a PC nowadays

Obviously being a MAC user your sense of humour is only one way.

Paris, because she likes it all ways.

OS/2

Were is my OS/2 interface ??

Paris Hilton

rentboys and rentgirls

So much hate for such an irrelevant thing - a skin!

Do you go and complain to your rentboys for having only one of the bits a rentgirl has? No! Would you care if he had some fake boobs in a dress? No! But you'd still use it, happily.

No difference here, really.

Anonymous Coward

@AppleTards All Have Windows Penis Envy .... here's proof

I don't understand this whole Kool Aid drinking craze, is it like a "life goes better with Coca-Cola" thing?

Regarding the "Commie Chinese Sweatshop" , where do think your xpox360 is made?

tim

I'm glad people like this exist

I'm glad people exist who slave away rebuilding perfectly good interfaces on new devices.

It keeps them off the street and out of my hair.

What's next? Getting linux running on my air conditioner remote control?

I've just never seen the point of taking a solution engineered to work with one system and shoehorning another onto it just because you think it could be done. Get a real job.

Jobs Horns

Vista Perfection === Oxymoron

Who would entertain such a thought?

IT Angle

@AC

"They have built in UAC, which should prevent users from making stupid mistakes"

Unless it stops them from installing it, it's another example of a MS product that doesn't work as claimed.

Pirate

WTF???

Just a question why would any1 want to do that to anything?? i mean seriously just looking at the vista theme makes me sick as i remember my vista woes.....

@JayKay

Dude, chill. Take a deep breath or something.

BIOS stands for Basic Input-Output System, and pretty much every microprocessor-driven device these days uses one. Mobile phones, laptops, desktops, mainframes, yes even Macs, have a BIOS. EFI is simply a layer that sits on top of the BIOS to add or extend functionality. Much like the simple (but clearly not simple enough) diagram in the link you posted, where Firmware is equivalent to the BIOS.

Operating System > Extensible Firmware Interface > Firmware (BIOS) > Hardware

Let's tone it down a little now shall we - always a good move when you're wrong.

Thumb Up

@@AppleTards All Have Windows Penis Envy... here's looking at you

The answer to the uneasy gentleman going by name of Anonymous Coward, who does not grok "this whole Kool Aid drinking craze", is quite straightforward.

Some thirty years ago there was a sect--now we can even call them a "dangerous cult"--in Venezuela who, at the word of their leader, poisoned itself away. Completely. Body count was two thousand or some such.

They solved poison into a cauldron of Cool Aid. Now you know what happens with a bunch of thirsty cultists if the RDF around them is strong enough. Other cults drink less Kool Aid, obviously, because they are still around. Some are even growing in volume.

You see that "life does not go better with Coca-Cola" if it is not accompanied by a simultaneous RDF. Indeed, no classic Coke here will my most distinguished, Anonymous help.

@ Anthony

What are you talking about?

"Unless it stops them from installing it, it's another example of a MS product that doesn't work as claimed."

If an operating system stops you from installing a product then the OS is useless!

A ridiculous comment.

I'm still waiting for a list of all these security holes that exist in Vista, but no other OS. I know there are security holes that can be opened up, but it makes me laugh when people say that, but they actually have nothing to back it up with.

Pirate

you could as well use a turd as a phone

who in his right mind would buy apple anything and put vista on it? what kind of parents must a person have to develop such a depraved character?!?

@Jeff

Waiting for a list? Google for it.

I'll get you started though:

http://secunia.com/advisories/29458/

Not aware of any other OS that has this problem. I've been breaking into the occasional Windows box via CD autorun since '95.

@Jeff some more

Sorry for the double-post, but I should have included this in the first one:

http://secunia.com/search/?search=vista

There's yer list.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums