Feeds

back to article Welsh Darth Vader dodges jail

A Welsh man, Arwel Wynn Hughes, from Holyhead has avoided jail for attacking two would-be Jedis with a crutch while disguised as Darth Vader. Hughes, whose attack was captured on video, was sentenced to two months in prison suspended for 12 months. Two keen Welsh Jedis were filming themselves having a pretend light sabre fight …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

I can only point to....

this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm4DBPSk2q8

What happened when I consumed 2.5 litres of wine and a few pints along the way.

And we're supposed to believe this guy drank 10 ltrs?

Stop

@drunk.smile

"I have know people (Scotland) who can happily drink 5 litres of whisky over the course of a day and still jump walls & hit people with crutches. (My gran for one)."

Fuck off, this is getting silly now. Nobody can drink 5 litres of whisky in a day. I don't know what's wrong with your gran but whatever it is, she can't count.

Thumb Up

What sort of wine?

Are we talking sheepraz or sheepdonnay?

Jobs Halo

10 litre box of wine?

WTF do you get one of those. Over 2 gallons, I mean to ask are you being real?

I think that must be a typo and he only drank 1 litre. Still, I think he is a hero and should get off. What a constitution.

Unhappy

Whither these boxes?

If anyone can tell me from whence might be obtained these alleged ten-litre boxes of wine, I should be most grateful. My local horriblemarket only sells three-litre ones, which means I have to keep going to the kitchen.

Hic!

Anonymous Coward

@Evil Graham

>Fuck off, this is getting silly now.

Only just now?

It seemed fairly silly from the off..

@Carl

What you can drink and what a hardened alcoholic can drink may be different quantities.

Coat

Home truths

To all those Jedi wannabes……

It's a frickin movie; it's FICTION, not real, a figment of George Lucas' imagination, pure lies!!

Anyone who actually calls themselves or thinks of themselves as a 'Jedi' has really missed the whole concept of Maturity and Real Life.

Sure we can all enjoy movies for their entertainment value, but to start a frickin church based on a bunch of movies is ludicrous, naive and plain stupid (quick thought, does that make George Lucas their god?)

If you are immature and stupid enough to play light sabre fights in your front garden with passing traffic and members of the public, of course you're going to attract attention. In this instance it was a drunken bloke who thought 'cool I wanna play too' but the pansy 'Jedi' (using the term very loosely) retreat to the safety of the house and start crying ow that hurt! Jesus if some drunken twat come onto my lawn when I was out there (btw I wouldn’t be having a light sabre fight) and tried to start on me he'd get a smack in the face and a big F'ck off. Learn to stick up for yourselves.

It really bugs me that spineless wimps think just because they have had their fun time spoilt they can twist it into a crime. When I was a kid my mates and I used to fight and wrestle all the time without one of us crying home to mummy and getting this taken all the way to a court

Drunkard involvement or not, if these little boys want to get through the rest of their lives they need to grow up, gain a pair of family jewels and use them once in a while instead of being the complete pansy assed babies brought up in a bubble wrapped cotton wool sue the world and his wife culture mutants that they have so obviously become

If I was that judge I would have fined the pansy boys for wasting my time and commited them for having no grasp on reality

ARGH!!!!!

Ok rant over, time to go back to my padded room

The white one with the straps please

The amphetamines

probably took the edge of the drink. Not sure why he didn't mention them.

The cut on his forehead looks fairly fresh, probably from the night before, and I doubt he'd been to bed since.

He may well have been wrongfully sold a 1 litre box with a '0' biro'ed on.

Unhappy

Dressed as Darth Vadar?

Christ, i really am remembering the star wars films with a rose tinted brain

Ten litres of wine?

[Scene: Death Star, interior. Rebel fighetrs run for the Millenium Falcon, pursed by Imperial Troopers and Darth Vader. Suddenyl, Obi Wan Kenobi emerges from the shadows]

VADER: Obi Wan Kenobi - we meet again. You're.. you're my besht friend you are. I love you. I do . I love you. It's you'n'me, pal, against the Empire. You'n'me. We'll show 'em, eh? Jussht like old ti- old times.

I think that might have been a better film...

Thumb Down

@AC

>>You have no right to put your hands on another person if they don't want you to

I just realised I was assualted about 30 times this moring on the metro.

Where do I get counselling?

Coat

@Home truths

"Sure we can all enjoy movies for their entertainment value, but to start a frickin church based on a bunch of movies is ludicrous, naive and plain stupid (quick thought, does that make George Lucas their god?)"

Scientology anyone!!

Mine's the Tom Cruise jacket

Coat

@AC@Craig McCormick

> A penis is even lighter and less weight to it than an alu crutch

Maybe for you mate.

Pirate

2p

Fair enough I don't think this was serious enough to have involved the police but the Beeb says "The court heard that Hughes had previous convictions, including affray, assault and disorderly behaviour." Therefore acting like an ass, such as he was, should not have went unpunished.

When he first jumped the wall and swung the crutch, he could have taken that fellas head clean off; if it had made contact.

Thumb Up

@sordid details

Thanks for the good laugh mate. Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when i read that.

Paris Hilton

In official Reg units of volume

10 litres = how many bladders of Paris?

// mine's the yellow raincoat

Coat

Jedi with Lightsaber defeated by drunk with crutch, news at 11?

Ok, i have heard of Lame and now i can say i have officially seen it.

A: How the hell does this become newsworthy

B:If your in a "Jedi Church" and "Practicing your lightsaber skills" and the force brings you a drunken version of Drool Vader. And the drunk beats you?

YOU SUCK AS A JEDI!! END YOUR LIFE!!

C: Lets be real, if the whole "DUEL"had not been so rehearsed any of those blows would have hurt a hell of a lot more than the crutch, your swinging sticks at each other at high speed you get hit and you go CRY TO THE COURTS?? Read end of the B: statement, YOU SUCK AS A JEDI!

D: If your fighting in public and using non-padded weapons your going to get hit at some point and its probably not going to feel good, looked like PVC pipe to me and that shit hurts, Metal crutch probably hurts more but i didn't see him seriously scwack him with it. If you get hit and your response is "Ow, that kind of hurt" you take the idiot to court?

LAMERZ!! --> Read end of the B: statement, YOU SUCK AS A JEDI!

Is it right to hit people, no never, unless the other person is accepted the fact and is willing to accept it, like perhaps if your DUELLING IN PUBLIC? If the other guy has stopped asked if he could try it and the outcome had been the same, do you think it should end up in court?

We practice with padded sticks and you do get hit and you are not going to respond "Ow, that kind of hurt" its gonna hurt bloody good! And no i do not play a jedi in real life or on TV. We are practicing Arnis or Philipino Stick FIghting.

Big different here is he had jumped into our group he would have gotten his ass schooled.

And my jacket? its the white one that ties in the back.. ;-)

JM
Paris Hilton

What can I say......

Darth pisshead's a muppet; given that he had previous convictions and could've brained someone with that first swing, he deserved to be reported.

Having said that, the "Jedi" were fairly whiny about the whole affair......I've seen worse violence in the schoolyard when I was 10. If that'd happened round where I grew up, Darth muppet would've gotten that crutch wrapped around his scrawny neck.

...AND he was pissed up to the eyballs, FFS!! How easy does it need to be?!

Paris, 'cos she knows how to handle a stick, unlike these so-called Jedi.

D
Paris Hilton

they devote their lives to being living the Jedi life spend hours practicing

light sabre duels all for that moment that they can rise to the occasion and use their sabre rattling skills to deadly effect. Then a lunatic drunk comes charging at them with a vaguely sabre shaped weapon and starts and unprovoked attack. The deadly response that we see is a petulant mumble of "actually that really hurt". It's just not very jedi is it.

Paris, because she can handle a man with a large weapon.

Coat

20 odd pints of Wine!?

Impressive. Most impressive.

after reading the rest of the comments

I think I sithed my pants

Joke

Look up

Jedi Drinking Song on Google.

Anonymous Coward

the moment we stop playing...

is the moment we start growing old

Page: