back to article Microsoft denies Lite-On Blu-ray rumour

Microsoft has officially denied that it’s working with a Taiwanese manufacturer to develop a Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360. On Tuesday Register Hardware reported that the software giant had inked a deal with Lite-On for the development of Xbox 360 Blu-ray drives. It was claimed the drives would be integrated into a smaller and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

The number one reason there will never be a Blu-ray drive in xbox...

BD-J will require some sort of JVM on the xbox. I don't see that happening. People think you just slap a drive on and it works. Not so...

I want a Blu Ray player

I want a BluRay player in the near future (was waiting to see what happened in the HD-DVD vs BluRay war) So rather than buying a stand alone player I was planning on buying a PS3 to sit alongside my 360.

Hopefully MS will bring out an add on BR drive for the current 360 and a 360 V2 with the drive built in, keeping everyone happy. I would mean I wouldn't have to buy a PS3 for one thing!

Paris Hilton

@Brian

An extremely valid point there, Sir!

The only way that could happen is if they brought out a BR version with the BD-J software on the XBOX.. I have absolutely no odea what that would do to games/software that use the Virtual Machine code... So, ergo, viz-a-vie, I guess there can not be a BR version of the XBOX.

Hmmm... What will they do now? Games are progressively getting more and more detailed requiring more and more data storage on discs. i.e. (PURELY AN EXAMPLE!!) Take Killzone 2 - the lead designer has already said if KZ2 was a multiplatform, they couldn't put it on anything that didn't have 20gb of storage space on a disc (so.. not a multiplatform then.. His example was that one level of KZ1 is the same amount of data for one character in KZ2[!!!] source - Playstation Magazine). Just an example, mind.

Dead Vulture

Get GTA 4 on the PS3

If you are trying to decide what version to get, get the PS3 version.

1/ With a standard HDD, it will have better load times.

2/ With the better hardware, you will have better GFX.

3/ With Blu-ray, you will have more varied and better detailed enviroments,.

There are already reviews out there, that show the 360 version being the inferior of the 2, with no splitscreen play on the 360, framerate issues on the 360 version, and less populated enviroments on teh 360 version.

Alert

RE: Get GTA 4 on the PS3

The problem is, the Failbox 360 is getting all the juicy downloadable content and the PS3 is getting zilch. This presents a dilemma for those of us rich and stupid enough to have both consoles sitting under t'telly. It also has a much nicer controller - I know it shouldn't be a major issue but that tiny, stupid, six-axis pad really puts me off using my PS3 when given the choice of using the 360.

Stop

The world would be a better place if...

...you all went and played your consoles instead of posting comments to websites about how rubbish the one you don't own is.

If you really feel the need to go on the internet at every opportunity to argue about how your console is better than the alternative, then you must be feeling quite a bit of envy right now for the other system. If you really believe everything you write, you'd be happy playing your console and not seeking some affirmation from the wider world that you made the correct choice.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums