Feeds

back to article Man stumps record £375k for number plate

A businessman has stumped a record £375,000 to secure the F1 number plate, the Mirror reports. Afzal Kahn, who owns a car conversion firm, secured his prize at an Essex county council auction, in the process beating the previous record of £331,000 paid for M1. The council had held the plate since 1904. Kahn said: "I am …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Gates Halo

That kind of money here in south america...

would get you kidnapped in 2 hours. So if the question is if it's too much money, it's just a relativy question.. in some countries, a lot of people would eat from that money, in other countries would get you killed and in some countries just one person reaches his dreams... so it depends enterily in wich place you are standing on... I think it doesn't woth the talking...

(by the way.. I vote for the Darwin awards. It would be grat have such awards.)

Greetings, see you later as I have to go to kidnap a bartender.. I need 10 usd... and if I see mr. Pancho, here in town, I kill him... that will get me 15 usd...

his money ...

And of course, everyone here whingeing about the starving third world thinks carefully about whether the money for their latest tech toy could not be better spent on a few (hundred) bowls of rice in Laos or wherever.

How do we know that this guy did not know how the money for his plate was going to be spent? Then its the same as being asked 'Fancy giving 300k for a scheme to encourage young drivers to drive safely? Oh, and we'll give you this F1 plate in return.'

You guys seriously have a problem with that?

Dead Vulture

A fool and his money...

...are soon parted. Which probably explains why Bernie Ecclestone didn't bother (not to mention the fact that he's recently flogged practically the entire contents of his garage).

Thumb Up

@Tim

Very well said

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.