back to article New Bond movie is Quantum of Solace

Bond 22 is now officially Quantum of Solace, the film's producers announced today. The movie - whose title is taken from a short story in Ian Fleming's 1960 For Your Eyes Only - has already begun shooting at Pinewood and will later go on location in Austria, Italy and Panama. It's Daniel Craig's second outing as 007, following …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. TheHempKnight

I agree with Pete James

I agree about the anokrak syndrome, although it seems to be minorities of fans of the shows it affects. Doctor Who seemed to have it less than others

I think the same will affect (and indeed, probably already is affecting) the Star Trek film due out at the end of the year.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@spleen re: everyone

Exactly. Saying a new Bond film isn't any good? Christ, NONE of them were any "good" in the "good movie" sense.

My biggest complaint with CR was that it was too serious. I mean, christ, the tank chase scene in goldeneye had me crying with laughter. It was <i>whimsical</i>. Only bond can pull off <i>whimsy</i> in a scene with automatic gunfire, explosions, a kidnapping, a hard-drinking Russian traitor, and a tank destroying half of a historic city. Pure class, every bit.

3. TeeCee Gold badge

@Spleen

Ohshit <gulps for air> that second post was even funnier than the first one.

I take it you're implying that should they ever run out of ideas for Bond, the Universe will end, as it's sole raison d'etre is to provide a framework for the Bond franchise to exist in?

4. Nick

Where's the indefinite article?

The only thing I find mildly irritating is the grammar. It should be:

"A Quantum of Solace"

A quantum is a noun and so grammatically it should have an article before it. It also makes it roll off the tongue a bit more easily (at least for me).

5. Darkside
    Black Helicopters

@ Dr Funk

We LGOs take over universes with ruthless, perfectly-disguised efficiency.

Do you realise how many people disappear every year?

Who else could get rid of so many bodies without anyone noticing?

You'll be collected in wheely bins within 24 hours.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.