back to article Microsoft prints get-out-of-jail card for Vista Home

Microsoft execs admitted today that its decision to open its Windows Vista Home Basic and Home Premium editions up to virtualisation was a "get-out-of-jail" card for the unloved platforms. Redmond appears to be placating customers who are stubbornly unwilling to upgrade to Vista by bringing virtualisation to the flagging party …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. simon
    Linux

bah

I wont install install it for real , wont install it as a virtual machine.

Its a honking waste of resources, virtulaised or not

2. Donald
    Thumb Up

I have my own EULA!

I hereby claim the air around me!

Since I burp and fart and breath air around me and basicly just smell up the air with my stink. I make a claim that small micro partical from my tisue and substance is in the air and make the following claims.

When you are with in 100 meters of me you will have a good chance of +- 90% of getting one of my particals/material.

Because of this you most gave me 100 p@und.

Since this partitals belong to me you must follow the EULA, becuase It's mine. If you get sick you have to pay double becuase I conside it a added extra you did not have before.

Since any one can make a EULA with out the concent of the voters I can too not!

If you dont like it stay away from me.

And they say the trains are so full, There's never anyone on the train when I am on,

LOL

3. Daniel B.
    Boffin

@Tim Bates

"Win2K wasn't new and interesting. NT4 was. 2000 was to NT4 was 98 was to 95."

Ah ... as much as I like to bash M$, I have to disagree there. While the look & feel for 2000 was pretty much the same, there were some MAJOR changes under the hood, as 2000 was when M$ started going for open standards.

Win2000 saw the birth of Active Directory, which is an LDAPv3 implementation "done the Microsoft way", but LDAPv3 at least. I can talk to it using common LDAP APIs, though some stuff requires doing weird things (try adding a common user, for example) but at least it was now doable without using M$ tools.

I did a user manager for AD under Java which was able to *create*, *set passwords* and even enable/disable accounts! This was impossible with NT4.

Of course, also for the win9x crowd, win2000 was "new", though back then it was "enterprise OS" so no DirectX (remember that?); and then ME came out. Poor sods who went for that... my laptop remained with Win95 OSR2 until I bought another one by late-2001 with WinXP.

Anyway ... Vista does look like the new ME.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.