back to article Smith says answer to knife crime is through the arch window

The Home Secretary will announce plans next month for the installation of metal detectors at school gates in her effort to stop kids stabbing one another. Jacqui Smith outlined the plans to The Observer over the weekend, saying search arches would be put in place at the country’s toughest secondary schools. Smith appears to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

More NuLabour cures for which there is no known disease...

@EvilFairy - teeth ?? Been done since before the first cavemen discovered stone knives !!

@Spleen - "As for getting rid of them altogether, unfortunately they're in charge of a large body of armed men who, although they only joined up to protect what they held dear (or possibly to pay for university) will nonetheless shoot you if you try."

---You think so ?? Come back, Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector !! All is forgiven !!

@night troll - My God !! A man after my own heart !! Genghis Khan will be proud of you !!

@Paul Murray - You, sir, are hereby reported to the RSPCA for cruelty to snakes !! What have those snakes done to you to deserve such horrors inflicted upon them ??

Various comments have stated the obvious, i.e. more meaningless soundbytes from this government. Just bring back the birch and suspended sentences, preferably with recyclable rope !!

--Kevlar vest, ceramic plate surcoat, mace, solid titanium walking stick ? Right, I'm off !!

Anonymous Coward

"I've watch a man get stabbed with a pencil 12 times."

Don't just stand there counting for gods sake!

another eye catching...

...headline designed to hide that fact that there is no effective deterrent for criminals (of any age): neither enough police nor effective punishment by the courts.

Brought about in no small part by the 'loony left' (yes, that's what they were called in the 80's, cos that is what they are ) P.C. liberals (current administration esp.) who insist that we need to 'understand' criminals rather than punish them.

Sorry for the 2x

But HEAR HEAR! To the Anon Coward whose responsible for "Cancel the ASBOs, Kill the killjoys."

Inspired stuff, VERY sensible suggestions, and point well made.

If only a system existed where the most qualified candidate could be put into a position of power to effect change. We can but dream.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums