back to article Beeb confirms iPlayer streaming dominance

The BBC has revealed that eight times as many people are using its Flash-based streaming iPlayer than the desktop P2P version. The first publicly available official figures since the Christmas launch say 3.5 million iPlayer programmes were watched by more than one million viewers between 25 December and 7 January. More good …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. JOHN VALENTE
    Unhappy

Download help

I,am an Londoner living in Florida, is there any way

I can download programs form the BBC site? The service is only

available to UK residents.

2. Nick
    Thumb Up

People use both methods!!!

I suspect people like me use both methods. Flash to preview programs, check things out, news stuff, etc. Downloads for favourite programs that you want to watch more than once, or on the big tv.

I dont know why everyone is moaning about the download version. I prefer to use it to download TV programs on my work PC, to copy to my Archos for later watching. It is slow, but as I leave it running over night, it suits me. My only anoyance is that I have to spend time ripping out the DRM licence, and converting to DivX format. However it all its worth it as Spanish TV is rubbish.

John, use a product called TOR proxy, and connect using a UK IP address. Simple :)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.