Feeds

back to article Mother launches attack on epilepsy inducing video games

Videogame developers may be forced to cut scenes from their offerings if tests show they could cause epileptic seizures, if a British mother's campaign for a change in the law is successful. Somerset dentist Gaye Herford launched the campaign after her ten-year-old son suffered a seizure while playing Rayman Raving Rabbids on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Flame

Are these people bloody stupid?

Like everyone has said all games have a disclaimer sheet with them as standard and Nintendo/Sega were the first dev's to actually produce them in the first place!

What kind of dumbass parent provides a games console to their kid if they know they have epilepsy anyway? what's she getting him for Christmas a Strobe and a free weekend pass to a rave?

Parents' here is a great idea!

Stop buying stuff for your kids if you are not going to investigate it first, it is your own darmn fault

Flame

Im gonna murder every last one of you.

Manhunt and an illegally downloaded version of Manhunt 2 has made me into a mindless violent thug because i have no will or personality of my own. I am also under the legal purchasing age, but my mum bought me it, so she will no doubt have a lot to say about the evil developer that made me the monster i am. To top it all my hamster had a siezure and thats pretty much pushed me over the edge. Now. If you could all kindly post me your details, i'll get round to each of you in turn. It's societies fault and you lot are society.

Alert

Not Black & White

As a few posters have mentioned already, it's not as easy as turning off the epileptic seizure sections in the game. For one there are many types of ways that one can get a seizure, not to mention that some are more sensitive than others.

And it's not as simple as testing the game and removing the sections that probably will cause them still doesn't guarantee that it won't cause seizures anymore. There's always the possibility that the game will cause a seizure because of an abnormality in coding.

I rather see a rating system that judges the possibility of a seizure. There's some definite things that will cause a seizure, so the company can base their scale on that.

But in all reality, those who know they have it, or a family history of it, are smart enough to know that they are taking a risk every time they play a game. They can't blame the company because no one forces them to play the game in the first place.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.