back to article Plastic police to enforce London bag ban?

The M25 will become the UK’s biggest environmental fault line if London Councils decide to press ahead with plans to ban plastic bags in the capital. The proposed ban will result in some kind of bag police patrolling London to make sure retailers and shoppers carry all their purchases, gym kit, old clothes, nappies, household …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Garry Mills

WH Smith

What gets me annoyed is when I go into Smiths to buy a newspaper and immediately they start putting it into a plastic bag.

Ban them at source. What happened to the days when there where always empty boxes lying around at the checkout area for people to put their purchases into?

2. ElFatbob

Re: Gilbert Wham

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Who would have thought that the 'loony left' of the 80's would get to implement all their fucked up ideas?

I can only see one type of bag at work here - a bawbag.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clarification

Makes a lot more sense.

I'd probably pay 5p for a plastic carrier though, a lot of the time. I get 5ps worth of use out of them before they are too torn and worn to be usable any more, and it's useful to have cheap bags about for throwing some things away.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

To shut up the greenies...

Make the choice this:

"Will that be a plastic bag, or a baby Harp seal skin bag, Maam?"

Or require stores that give out plastic bags offer a 10 pence bounty for returned bags from any source.

That will get street people picking them up for wine money.... oops, I was inconsiderate, make that... That will get street people picking them up for Unicef donation money.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

We've had that in Ireland for over five years now

The guv'ment brought it in: a carrier bag levy of 15c per bag (yoyos, remember). More robust bags were on sale and I'm still using mine today. They get left in the back of the car so I don't forget them. Earlier this year the levy went up to 22c.

As for the police stopping you to check your bags for plastic...is that supposed to be a joke?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.