back to article Teen sticks Xbox 360 power supply in bowl of water

A North Carolina teenager who decided the best way to cool his Xbox's overheating power supply was to stick it in a bowl of water was knocked unconcious by the resulting electric shock and earned himself a trip to hospital with "minor burns to his right hand and foot". According to local news reports, the 14-year-old Brevard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Mitchell Jones

Hmm

I live in Arkansaw and i do know better. I think that God decided to let darwin lose this one because he wanted a good laugh.

2. Rhys

@ The Jim Bloke & Jason

"Brit" singular and "Brits" plural is the NZ common usage for residents of the british isles, further subdivided into scots, welsh, irish and english, except for when in a pub, whereapon they become scotties, welshies, paddies and pommies.

Yanks is the usual term for those that live in the US, if the south had won their war, maybe Yanks would now be known as Niggers, because if there was a big slave population around in the '60s, the civil rights movement would have been another civil war instead. And with more blacks in the fields than whites in the mansions, I'd be betting on the slaves winning, MLK or no MLK preaching forgiveness. :P

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: "Public service" website

Maybe have a section for 1337 h0x0rs.

1) If your desktop computer is acting slow you don't need to get any expensive software to fix it. Just find the red tab on the back near the power cable the says 230 and move it over to 115. You will then have a big puff of smoke and your computer will work perfect after this.

Seriously though, how? Surely he has watched (probably illegally downloaded) enough films of people getting chucked electricuted when in water?

4. Aubry Thonon

It's good to see...

..El Reg keeping current. But what it really needs is to amp it up so it can volt over all obstacles and objections. It's only a pity this boy was not contemplating a sex-change operation or I could also make a trans-sister joke in here. And it might be a good idea for this kid never to learn to drive - apparently, he's not that good a conductor.

<sigh> Ahhh, Monday mornings...

5. Mark Nelson

Actually Mr. Philip Rhodes

Here in ALABAMA they are called <B>THOSE DAMN YANKEES</B> or other things that are very derogatory.

6. Simon

Re: electro safety

"Instead he needs to change all his electrical fuses for tinfoil or copper wire. That stops electrical stuff from cutting out."

I've always wanted to go into a hardware shop and ask where the ten amp nails are located...

7. Jason

Re: @ JASON

I could have done some good research like yourself there matey, but at the end of the day I didn't feel inclined to log onto Wikipedia and attempt to rehash it's entries regards "redneck" and "Yank".

Seeing as language evolves I was using the terms in their most base meaning;

"Redneck" - Hillbilly, hick, dunce etc

"Yank" - American (As per the other posters commenting on Brits, Limeys, Poms etc)

So, wasn't being racist at all, didn't specify anything about ethnicity.

I was saying that this kid, was, blantantly as dense as the material making up a collapsed star and really shouldn't be allowed to breed when he reaches age.

That's all. ; )

8. Jonathan Fitt

US Electricity

The US electrical system seems hugely dangerous to me: They operate at half the voltage which means that identical devices need twice the current, there are no fuses in the plugs, and the plugs are crappy and still work when half pulled out the socket exposing the pins.

Combine that with a poor public school system, and I'm not surprised we get these stories.

9. tony trolle

re:@ @ @ jason

limey still used, funny stopping scurvy became with a slang word

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.