back to article Can Osama keep Bush afloat?

As we discussed in part one, terrorism in general, and al Qaeda in particular, are again dominating the news. It's now just about impossible to find a report of any terrorist act (or quasi-terrorist act, like the recent failed car bombings in London), without reference to Osama bin Laden or his famous franchise. Interestingly, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

@Not Needed

Re: Normandy

Your assertion that the Germans were well entrenched and "were perfectly laid out, well entrenched, they literally did everything right." is...well...wrong.

The Germans moved a large portion of their forces off to the east, including the bulk of their armor. They anticipated an amphibious assault further east, where the english channel is narrowest. This was due in no small part to the "cardboard brigade" which set up 2-D trucks and whatnot in an effort to distract the Germans. It worked spectacularly.

I do not mean to take away from the sheer heroics of the men who landed on the beach that day (hell, my grandfather was one of the first, as a combat engineer), but let's keep it factual.

@Anon:

"That's a false dichotomy. You can have both, and we did have both until Bobo the clown came to power and decided it wasn't his job to read memos or take actions."

Way to completely ignore the substance of the comment and take issue with the headline. That's quality right there...

@Second Anon:

First off, what's up with people posting anonymously? Way to be a little girl.

Secondly, I love that the only two things you responded to were the things that I put in there to be deliberately emotionally provocative. Rather than actually touch 90% of the substance of what I said, you chose to go for the 10%, completely ignoring the jist of the comment. Kudos to you, for your complete lack of refutation skills.

Anonymous Coward

anonymous

Anonymous is not a little girl!

Anonymous is a man! A Big man! ...

With a girl... stuff... yeah... right... Anonymous told you!

@Not Needed - lol. Anon loves you dude, we really do. Comparing the actions of Japan in WW2 to 9/11 - that's epic. Seriously. Genius. I can't think of words to match that kind of comparision. You rule.

@everyone else - keep it going, this is almost as good as reading the BOFH ooo yeah almost friday.

Sums it all up

OK it's a crap video, but when it comes to this particular subject, the song is spot on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV8j2FUdXU0

Anonymous Coward

Uh oh

I don't wanna govern people who publicly critizing me (like this one) or put my cartoon in the Web

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums