back to article Sony says no to Euro PS3 price cut

Sony has left its European PS3 fans bewildered (again) after over its decision to launch a 60GB PS3 Starter Pack bundle over here instead of cutting the console's price. There was no mention of a European 80GB model, either. The double-whammy was announced at an event in Venice Beach and is likely to anger European gamers who, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Joe

Yes, it is expensive...

...but it's capable. I am looking to get one as a fairly comprehensive one-stop-shop media solution. It is soon to get some fantastic games (MGS4, GTA:IV, Colin McRae: Dirt) and there are some good games out there already (despite my scepticism, virtua tennis is actually good fun), it has a blu-ray player, it will play and upscale your DVDs, it can be used as a music jukebox, it is able to surf the internet, it will play SACDs (admittedly pointless as nobody bought into that), it has a compact flash slot with which I will be able display my photographs and if you are an audiophile I have been reliably informed by a Meridian employee that it makes a startlingly good CD transport. When I take into account all of this, I find myself at the (I think) not too unreasonable conclusion that actually this isn't BAD value for money. Sure we're getting bent over again on the price compared to the US, but can you remember a time when we weren't? At least this is not a case where the cost has been translated 1:1 GBP for USD

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums