Feeds

back to article Yahoo!'s pink liberation army a threat to America's youth

Stunted by the eclipse of justice, Little Johnny Walker made his way over to the piano. He played a sad tune. One full of preambles, bees and summer vegetables. It made the women of the night cry, and the men of strong moral fiber tense. Jesus breathed easier that night. We all did. A Butter Dish for Beelzebub by Julio Stantore …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

SATIRE

For Pete's sake OF COURSE THIS IS SATIRE.

Good lord, you're all the kind of people who would honestly have believed that Swift was encouraging poor people to eat their own babies: http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Is it still satire when the author's the punchline?

He riffs on Yahoo! using lifestyles he claims shock him to gain in readership popularity.

Meanwhile, the Reg - disappointingly - trolls this crap to us to gain readership popularity....

Dissapointed

Cant believe el reg has posted this bigots views, dont feel that i can trust any journalist view on this site anymore...time to find a different tech website...any suggestions?

of course the author's the punchline

that's the whole point...! Otto Z. Stern is a MADE UP PERSON! A satire of the kind of right-wind journo that seems to be very common in the US at the moment.

If it offends you then don't read it

The next sentence my require two or three readings before it makes sense, I apologise in advance:

How can you complain about a website that is complaining about another website by telling the author not to look at the website (the one the webiste was complaining about)?

If this website offends you then you should take your own advice and stop reading it, don't stop to tell us that you're going to stop reading it, just stop and move on, don't react to hate with hate and assume you have the high ground, just turn the other cheek and walk away

Darn

So, we've been had. Otto is a false persona invented for satire. Fair enough, but that doesn't really excuse the content of the article. By utilising a persona, it quite probably just indicates that the true author holds these views and wants to hide behind a veil of anonymity.

Can't believe no one got to this but...

I will.

STFU all of you.

Beelzebub?

Looking at the text and refusing to get emotional without knowing everything there is to know: I am surprised that nobody seems interested in the opening quote, "A Butter Dish for Beelzebub by Julio Stantore"... The usual internet searches return nothing but references to The Register. Normally I would assume that this quote (if it does actually refer to another, existing text) should shed some light on the question whether or not this article/blog entry should be read as satire or not.

Nothing as well on "Julio Stantore" at amazon.

Am I really the only one to be the least bit intrigued by that?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.