back to article Mozilla hackers audit cURL file transfer toolkit, give it a tick for security

Mozilla has given the widely-used cURL file transfer library a thumbs up in a security audit report that uncovered nine vulnerabilities. Of those found in the free security review were four high severity vulnerabilities leading to potential remote code execution, and the same number of medium risk bugs. One low risk man-in-the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Curl.

I love Curl. Used it in loads of things.

I also liked Perl once. And Basic.

And Imacs and Iphones are, erm, were very popular.

But if those kids come round the estate and tell me I have to capitalise their creations in some £$%&ing schtoopid fashion, I'm going to set the dObERManS on them.

1. Ben Tasker

Re: Curl.

--- posts/3038156

+++ posts/3038156

- dObERManS

+ doberMans

Fixed your naming convention, please merge

2. Jan 0 Silver badge

Many thanks guys!

Those 20 days must be some of the most useful work days of 2016. Excepting those in medical, other life preserving professions and educators. I know there are other people who've done something useful for the human race, but my thoughts are just overwhelmed by the outrageous waste of most human talent.

3. jake Silver badge

The update would be curl-7.51.0, no?

Got it with the Slackware update on Fri Nov 4 ... But ta for the heads-up :-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

No fix for piping to 'sh' ?

1. jake Silver badge

Actually ...

... that "fix" is on the ol' listie. We'll[0] get right on it as soon as we patch all the paper shredders world-wide to keep your three-year-old from feeding them the contents of your wallet.

[0] TINW

1. Anonymous Coward
        Facepalm

Re: Actually ...

I suppose they'll have more luck patching the users after their 'bashing'. ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon