back to article Mirai scan tool unleashed

Security researchers have released a Mirai IoT botnet scanning tool. The utility – aimed at consumers and small businesses – allows users to find out if devices on their network are either infected by or vulnerable to the Mirai malware. When users click on "Scan My Network Now", the scanner will discover their public IP …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Mage Silver badge
    Pirate

GRC

Is this better tool than Gibson Reseach's one (which maybe just looks for uPNP stupid settings, though they can scan all your ports.)?

https://www.grc.com/default.htm

Scroll down to ShieldsUp!

Compared to GRC's site they want far too many different domain's scripts enabled according to NoScript.

It also gives false positives!

"The scanner couldn't access the device on your IP address [redacted], possibly as a result of it being infected with the Mirai malware.

Please restart your connected device to enable scanner access. Why?"

Either it's incompetent or a scam to sell cloud services.

"Q: I restarted my device but the scanner still can't access it. What should I do?

Nothing, you're good. If after rebooting the scanner still can't access your device, it's because the remote access ports are closed and your device is secure from Mirai injection attacks."

Well, I don't have anything exposed by my Router/Firewall (Open WRT on a PCEngines SBC)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon