back to article Middle East hackers exposed

A hacking group is running a wide ranging cyber-espionage campaign against targets in the Middle East. Security firm Vectra Networks says it has identified over 200 samples of malware generated by the group over the last two years. The assaults are not technically sophisticated but nonetheless tricksy in their use of social …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I didn't know people of Gaza could use internet. In my net life, all(3-4) of the Palestinians I met was refugee living in some neighbouring country.

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Facepalm

Re: AC

"I didn't know people of Gaza could use internet....." Ironically, telephone and 'net services are provided to Gaza by the Eeeevviiiiiill Jooooooos.

".....In my net life, all(3-4) of the Palestinians I met was refugee living in some neighbouring country." There are plenty of them surfing the Web in London, New York and Los Angeles, many off the back of alleged cronyism, corruption and diversion of international aid. It's the Palestinian way. Having said that, it's more likely this group are Turkish or Egyptian skiddies.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Re: AC

Or possibly Moroccan Skype sex scammers taking a break from scamming all those Palestinians.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon