back to article The man running HPE's Microsoft Azure biz says shiz this... after eight months

The director Hewlett Packard Enterprise asked to steer its oh-so important relationship with Microsoft to sell Azure and Hybrid IT is set to leave the business after a relatively short time in situ. John Ansell previously ran the firm’s entire channel organisation that was responsible for 70 per cent of the UK P&L account but …

1. Hans 1
    Happy

An officer leaves the sinking ship

1. EarthDog

Yes. In addition, here seems to be a large amount of turnover in upper management. Definitely not a good sign. I also heard there is a large turnover amongst the sales force.

2. The Third Platform
    Angel

Personally I think HPE are in pretty good shape they have some great leaders with Mark and Lee, just removing some of the dead wood in my humble opinion.

You need the right management team to lead any business and in the current environment and market it will be even more challenging. What is becoming clear to me is the role Microsoft are having in shaping the work place, they are already cornering the mobility client market and with Aruba and it's integration into Skype and traffic marking they have a solution that will finally give users and IT a wired/wireless same experience. Their Azure platform has some great functionality and they are baking in some of the services like Power BI, Dynamics and Cortana. I would suggest it's an exciting time to be part of that ecosystem.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

My marketing hurts. Ow.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Agreed, although Johnny not in the dead wood category IMO - very sorry to see him leave.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like