back to article Automatic laundry folder

A Japanese outfit called Seven Dreamers Laboratories Inc will in March 2017 start to accept orders for an automatic laundry folder it has developed with Panasonic Corp and Daiwa House Industry Co Ltd. Seven Dreamers has employed image recognition technology and artificial intelligence to undertake the five stages of laundry …

1. grumpyoldeyore
    Coat

Nightmare

I don't know why but now I have a vision of opening my sock drawer and finding a neatly creased Alistair Dabbs grinning at me through clenched teeth...

Mine's the one with the "Do Not Iron, Do Not Fold" label...

2. Mark 85

What happens if grabs the cat who's sleeping in the laundry basket? Won't someone think of the kitties and all the memes!!!!!!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Well, that's one-third of the process. I'm waiting for spindle and mutilate.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does it work for people who don't wear T-shirts only?

Or their target market is the T-shirts wearer only, with $2000 in the jeans pockets? It looks to me also the "ironing" part is missing, which is the one I'd like a machine would take care of...

1. Swarthy

Re: Does it work for people who don't wear T-shirts only?

If you move directly from the drier to folded/hanging, Ironing is not really necessary, unless you desire sharp creases.

When I were a lad, I would "iron" dress shirts by dampening a sleeve and throwing it in the drier - it came out with no wrinkles, suitable for wearing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon