back to article Theranos axes 40% of staff

Panic-stricken blood testing company Theranos is shutting down its two testing labs, with the loss of 40 per cent of its staff. The decision was made by CEO Elizabeth Holmes, who holds a controlling stake in the company, after she was faced with a ban on running testing facilities over a long list of failings at the company's …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Go

If anyone is interested in a bet...

I'm throwing down paychecks that they got rid of the wrong 40%.

1. John Gamble
      Stop

Re: If anyone is interested in a bet...

Considering that there's no "right" forty per cent to hang on to, I'm not sure how to decide the bet.

The company's got nothing of value, and no one can save it.

Interesting discussion of culpability here in the Vanity Fair article

(I like the quote taken from the New Yorker interview: "a chemistry is performed so that a chemical reaction occurs and generates a signal from the chemical interaction with the sample, which is translated into a result, which is then reviewed by certified laboratory personnel.").

2. Your alien overlord - fear me

Shame

she seemed such a nice, honest girl :-)

3. Mark 85

She doesn't get it, obviously...

The jig is up. The scam is over. Time to close shop and go sulk in the corner until a better idea comes up... like a call center in India.

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: She doesn't get it, obviously...

Not a call center in India but a lovely, lengthy vacation at Club Fed.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll be surprised if

she doesn't end up in jail .. and quite possibly in a mental ward in that jail. Her levels of self-delusion are off the charts. Steve Jobs was eccentric, but at least he had products that actually did something.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon