back to article Fujitsu UK sales director: I'm off

It is all change at the top of Fujitsu’s product business with UK sales director Kevin Matthews quitting after he struggled to get the revenue dial moving in the right direction, sources have told us. Former HP veteran Matthews signed up to lead the vendor’s direct sales and channel organisation in October. He joined amid …

1. x 7

dunno about the services, but their computers are less reliable and harder to work on compared with Dell or HP

2. GrumpenKraut
    Pint

The firm refused to say anything more meaningful or remotely quotable.

Quality quote. ------------>

3. dsupple78

Reminds me of when I joined a substantial tech wholesaler in the UK in the late 90's. Brought in to sell HP kit, I was 'reassigned' to sell Olivetti server kit instead. 3 months later I'd sold 4, which on hindsight was probably a record. Now that was really pushing water uphill and over the moors!

4. Lotaresco

Sadly...

Fujitsu has not been able to shake the culture of ICL. Dealing with Fujitsu UK often has the feel of dealing with another era, somewhere around the 1970s. Fujitsu just doesn't seem to have moved with the market, let alone innovated, and seems to be locked in to local authorities, government departments and government agencies where it has been wrong-footed by recent changes in the government attitude to supply of ICT. The government doesn't want mucking big mainframes, it doesn't even want to own the hardware if it can get away with renting it elsewhere. On the client side Fujitsu offers some forgettable laptops and desktops and, if it still does them, some scanners that only seem to be chosen by government departments. A bit like the dead parrot, Mate, this thing wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like