back to article Microsoft Outlook.com redecoration delay rumors: THE TRUTH

Microsoft says its renovation work on the Outlook.com cloud email service is virtually complete although a few folks are still waiting to see the changes. Its rollout will not be delayed until 2017 as had been feared, however. This comes after word and reports spread of an error message claiming the updated service was not …

1. Mark 85

If it looks like bafflegab and reads like bafflegab, it is. This just further tells me that MS's left hand hasn't a clue what the right hand is doing... or when it's doing it.

1. Captain DaFt

"This just further tells me that MS's left hand hasn't a clue what the right hand is doing"

It's really just a matter of determining whether it's aiming for the left foot or the right foot this time.

1. VinceH

"It's really just a matter of determining whether it's aiming for the left foot or the right foot this time."

Does Microsoft even still have feet? No more than stumps by now, surely?

2. phuzz Silver badge

"It's really just a matter of determining whether it's aiming for the left foot or the right foot this time."

You're assuming that different bits of Microsoft can cooperate well enough to at least agree on aiming downwards.

More like; one had is aiming at it's feet, the other is trying to cut it's toenails.

2. MrDamage Silver badge

That's what happens when they repurpose Vista's file copy time algorithm an use it for product updates.

2. Phil Kingston

An upgrade? Will they get all fancy and allow novel features like adding a contact picture in place of their generic placeholder images?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Weak

Not up to El Reg's usual standard for the MSFT Two Minute Hate

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have I got that right?

Accounts have been "upgraded" to a platform that doesn't yet support the upgraded features?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Brave

They actually (accidentally) gave a date by which time they intend to have it fixed; note you wont get one of these dates for Win10.

6. Mage Silver badge

MS Estimation

The programmer visiting friends

Is there a Dilbert too?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To the "unlucky" 10%

You are not missing much. The "upgrade" is to a shittier product. Enjoy what you have while you can - the new version sucks.

8. MJI Silver badge

Why have they broken Hotmail?

Outlook is a festering pile of rubbish in comparison

1. hplasm
      Facepalm

Re: Why have they broken Hotmail?

Things have to match...

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
        Devil

"Things have to match..."

_AND_ be dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator, like Win-10-nic.

1. MJI Silver badge

It sits there refreshing away, lagging my PC, real PITA to use, a very old email address I use for webmail only.

Even replying is difficult.

9. PeterM42
    FAIL

OUTLOOK.CRAP - Says it all

Is Microsoft DETERMINED to make Outlook.crap the WORST email system on the planet?

1. Mage Silver badge

Re: OUTLOOK.CRAP - Says it all

Has to match how rubbish the OS Outlook "lite" and MS Office Outlook are. The only reasons I can ever see for them is people using appointments/scheduling/calendar sharing via Exchange. Since the forever there ever was POP3, IMAP and SMTP mail, better free solutions than Outlook have existed. The PC clients at default settings were a magnet for malware. Why did MS think ActiveX on Internet facing programs was a good idea?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Ability to share your online calendar

Whole businesses have failed without the ability to share their calendar.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How many times can you polish a turd?

Previously it was Hotmail, before that Windows Live Mail, MSN Mail etc.

Also, it's just web email. Not 'cloud email service'. Web email had existed since the mid-late 1990s, long before the fancy hipster term 'cloud' had ever surfaced.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like