back to article Software-defined storage is glitzy, but E8 and Nimbus are still delivering hardware

Despite all the recent noise around software-defined storage (SDS), vendors still keep coming to the market with new hardware solutions. Over the past weeks we’ve seen new products from Nimbus Data and emerging startup E8. Nimbus Nimbus Data has had what can only be called a ‘chequered’ history. My first introduction to the …

1. Disgruntled of TW
    Megaphone

Fox/chicken problem ...

... ... and those methodologies would have be be designed and invigilated by "non-vendor" folk to retain their credibility. Apples with apples, etc. etc. Seems simple, but vendors continue to pour honey into end user ears, ignoring glaring issues (features? ;-)) in many products. Disappointing that the market appears to support this behaviour still. I'd still pay more for quality, if it did what it said on the tin. I'm personally fed up with "lowest possible service level to meet price point" behaviour. Cloud services often stink of it.

2. Broooooose

Wow

Nimbus are still going!?

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is Tom still taking support calls from his basement?

1. Rflem822

Don't you mean "Max" ?

5. Boyan_StorPool

Most of the performance ranges mentioned can be reached even now with standard hardware and a proper SDS implementation + NVMe drives and standard 40/56/100 GbE RDMA capable network. No need for specialized, single purpose storage device there.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon