back to article Eat me, Michael: 98% of EMC shareholders back Dell mega-gobble

EMC shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to accept Dell's $60bn plus offer to merge the two companies into a new entity called Dell Technologies. At a special shareholder meeting at EMC's Hopkinton, Massachusetts, headquarters, 98 per cent of those present, representing 78 per cent of the shareholders, voted to approve the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

buyer beware

Hmm wasn't the % of Compaq shareholders also in the high 90s accepting Carly paying too much in the name of that mythical unicorn called synergy?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is of course assuming that the voters were voting the way they wanted to...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corporate titan or tontine corpse?

4. JRW

Shinking Company Buys Other Shrinking Company

And the shrinking fish ate the shrinking fish and so ad infinitum ...

5. Faceless Man

That old trick...

...of tying two rocks together and seeing if they float.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't blame me... I voted against, in the name of competition and innovation. But maybe there will be some more spin offs if we're lucky.

7. PeterM42
    Facepalm

Looks like........

....a train crash waiting to happen.

8. D P Duck

The only way to go.

EMC had run itself into a corner (albeit quite a lucrative one). As I said before the Dell-EMC deal was announced: "EMC will have to kill itself to survive". EMC is gone, long live EMC!

I just hope that as many people as possible keep their jobs. The rest of this deal will just be about the dispersal of spoils to the share-holders and the board (which is not unusual or nasty, just the way corporations work). Once that is over it is my hope that the "new" EMC can survive and once again do great things in the area of technology.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like