back to article Lloyds personal banking hit with 'intermittent' outage

Customers of Lloyds personal banking have been furiously hitting refresh this morning due to "intermittent" issues accessing their accounts. According to web-monitoring site Down Detector, the problem first began around 9am. Lloyds told customers on Twitter that it was aware of "an intermittent issue affecting some customers …

1. CraPo

Can't access the website, but the mobile app seems to be working...

2. Maverick

also happening earlier in the week, are Loyds the new RBS for IT issues?

3. WibbleMe

So with little or no competition in the market its ok to have a website that's down occasionally providing that you can outsource what should be high paying jobs in the UK out to countries like India to make savings.

4. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Joke

Code check

They are probably checking their accounting code to make sure that the software correctly reports all accounts to the regulators, even the alphanumeric ones.

5. hatti

Hope its not been Dido Hardinged

6. ad47uk

halifax as well

Had the problem for a few days, with my Halifax account, part of the same company, so no doubt uses the same system. Furiously hitting refresh? nope, just one of those things that happen, app is fine.

When I asked Halifax last night they said all was fine, but changed that today to all is not fine :)

1. paulf
      Headmaster

Re: halifax as well

Not quite, Halifax is a brand of Bank of Scotland plc and operates under a separate banking license to Lloyds Bank. They are both part of Lloyds Banking Group and yes, both use the same back end platform. Halifax was fine for me this morning though.

As an aside, FTA: "the UK banking sector is particularly prone to outages. This is because of the overly complicated code running a number of mission-critical banking apps."

Before we get too critical about the status quo and start rabble rousing for these old system to be replaced with nice shiny spanking new systems lets look at a few case studies. The recent introduction of new billing systems at NPower, Scottish Power and Vodafone would be a good start.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Works for me

Disgustedoftunbridgewells changed the status of this ticket to "closed".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like