back to article Boffins slap quantum dots on diamonds to create mutant nanomaterials

Researchers have found a new way to speed up the process of doping nanomaterials by adding quantum dots to tiny diamonds, which could advance electronics and quantum computing in the future, according to a paper published in Nature Communications. Nanomaterials have properties that are useful in electronics. Electrons travel …

1. Ralph B

Recursion?

Headline: Boffins insert quantum dots into diamonds to create mutant nanomaterials

First paragraph: Researchers have found a new way to speed up the process of doping nanomaterials by adding tiny diamonds to quantum dots

So which it? Dots in diamonds? Or diamonds in dots? Or both?

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: Recursion?

It's quantum, so yes. Or neither.

2. NoneSuch Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Combine this with Quantum Mechanics and you may create a parallel universe where I'm not crap at video shooters.

3. Cynic_999

"

"

It's both - until you open the box.

2. TheFinn

Quantum engagement?

So, diamonds could soon be a girl's best friend, and a girl's mortal enemy, simultaneously? Trippy, man!

3. Sureo

Unengaged

Intel uPs are already expensive enough without the diamonds.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quantum dots

I remember back in college we used to put quantum dots onto paper, and then we'd.....

oh wait, I'm thinking of something else.

5. ecofeco Silver badge

Gonna get weird

This century is going to get really weird. The rapid advancements in materials and their physical mass production as applied to everyday products are going leave most people with their mouths open.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like