back to article Comcast slapped with eight-figure tax bill after package fails to impress

The US state of Oregon says it will charge Comcast tens of millions of dollars in taxes after revoking a tax break the cable giant had claimed on its broadband service. The state's Department of Revenue (DOR) has denied a request by Comcast that it be granted an exemption reserved for companies that offer gigabit internet …

1. Ashton Black
    Joke

What's this? A relatively sane decision by a government agency? Whatever next? A politician telling the truth?

1. goldcd

My guess is that politicians caused this

Hey "have a break for providing gigabit" - without actually considering the cost, availability, blah blah

2. Fatman
      Joke

RE: "Sane" decision?

<quote>Whatever next? A politician telling the truth?</quote>

What's is that line from the movie?

Oh, yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

2. Shadow Systems

ComCast slapped for taxes?

Good. Do it again, repeatedly, vigorously, with a peeved porcupine. We'll let you know when you can stop.

-Signed, ComCast victims.

1. Jeffrey Nonken

Re: ComCast slapped for taxes?

I'd give you an extra thumbs up for the alliteration but El Reg is parsimonious with them. :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I pay more than that $383/mn for 500Mbps business FiOS!

1. fnj

$383/mn

Excuse please, this is way off topic, but who is teaching people to use "mn" for "month"? I remember being taught in the 1950s that it was "mo". For that matter, when did "bn" for "billion" start appearing?

1. DreamEater

Bn

Everyone knows Bn is a delicious biscuit

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like