back to article Virtuozzo to build full container stack, target the data centre

Virtuozzo is going to build a comprehensive stack of tech for containerised computing. The company is the server virtualisation bits of the now-devolved Parallels, which kept its name for a spin-out devoted to desktop hypervisors. The company's cloud automation assets were sold to Ingram Micro and the Plesk service desk …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Nate Amsden

I read a bit of your link and see nothing of interest. What is so interesting to you there. It seems like nothing more than a generic hypervisor running on top of openbsd.

I've been using openbsd as a firewall off and on for about 11 years but don't see a useful role for it outside of that for anything I deal with anyway.

Not that I care about virtuozzo or however it's spelled either.

2. skies2006

Regarding Virtuozzo/VZ

Do not confuse their solution with app containers . VZ is a system container solution which is a wast different beast than application containers like Docker and Rkt. VZ, LXC and LXD is system container software that run a full OS in container fashion. App containers are for running one or a few single application only.

VZ is a mature and good product. The drawback is that is requires a custom kernel, so one can not install and use vanilla RHEL/CentOS. I would pick LXC/LXD due to this big issue.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like