back to article China says yes to SanDisk

China’s MOFCOM trade regulator has said it’s OK for Western Digital to buy SanDisk. WD wants to buy SanDisk and its flash foundry chips-to-SSDs business for around $16bn. The MOFCOM approval completes the worldwide regulatory body approvals process and the deal is expected to close on May 12. WD and SanDisk shareholders have …

1. Youngdog

Will SanDisk's SSDs get any better?

If so then happy I will be. Unlike some here I like WD and had a fleet of workstations all running Raptor 10K. Tough as old boots. Unfortunately my firm upped sticks and moved to Lenovo - now my days are noticeably more difficult.

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

They are made for each other

Based on dealing with fallouts from disks and flash deciding to just stop working wholesale with no prior warning and no SMART indication that it's going to fail... Well... All I can say - they are made for each other.

I'd rather stay with HDS, Samsung and the occasional Seagate (after I have followed complains and blames for a particular series/model for a while and it does not show as problematic). Tosh has also been generally OK lately.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon