back to article Zuck's $16m security bill

Facebook has spent $16m on security for its CEO Mark Zuckerberg in the past five years, an SEC filing has revealed. Last year, the social media giant spent $4.26m on "home security" for The Zuck; the year before that $5.6m. It has also spent about $500,000 a year on private jets for the CEO. "Because of the high visibility of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zuk the psychopath

Data slurping us to advertisers, while pitching it as connecting the world. No wonder he needs to so much security. It won't buy his soul back though...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Settings -> Adverts -> Adverts based on my preferences

I use rarely Facebag, just PMs.... But the Ad list above is getting populated anyway. I block Cookies and JS and use Host file blocking, and now don't even get Ads on YouTube anymore.

But somehow that list above is getting populated anyway. My wife uses Facebag extensively and even her Ad-list doesn't get filled as fast. What's going, anyone have any ideas? How is this possible...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gotta maintain his privacy

He only wants to end privacy for the peons, not for the 1% (of the 1% of the 1%)

4. tom dial Silver badge

Zuckerberg's and Sandberg's compensation plans should be quite generous enough that they could afford to provide for their own security from them. The article does not say whether they pay income taxes on that in-kind compensation, but a quick reading of the Form 1040 instructions would suggest that if they do not, they should expect a large bill from the IRS, with interest and possibly also penalties, in addition to the semipublic shaming they can expect here.

5. jake Silver badge

So basically, the dork ...

... is more paranoid than I thought he was?

Maybe, just maybe, being the boss of a massive, multibillion dollar, international, individually targeted, advertizing company kinda makes you look over your shoulder on a fairly regular basis.

You reap what you sow. Enjoy your legacy, Dork.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon