back to article Neo4j bolts on binary protocol to up its graph database game

Neo Technology has released Neo4j 3.0, which it declared comes with a "completely redesigned architecture." 3.0 comes with a new binary protocol dubbed Bolt, intended for speedier graph access, though the architectural redesign is centred on a new data store, where dynamic pointer compression is intended to expand Neo4j’s …

1. Paul Smith

Typos

Are your sub-editors on strike or are you using Office 365 for your spell check? For an 'article' that is just cut-and-paste from a press release, the writing is as bad as I have ever seen on el-reg.

1. Gruezi

Re: Typos

No, the editorial staff was just totally resigned... :P

2. Phil Endecott

Some clue what "neo4j" is in e.g. the first paragraph might be useful.

1. I Am Spartacus
      Facepalm

Use the all purpose tool

Well duh?

I know it's rather new and you might not have heard about it, but there is wonderful website call "Google". Expert commentards often refer to the act of looking up something in Google as "To Google".

Doing this simple task, that is, googling NEO4J, before you post will give people the impression you are intelligent by not asking damn fool questions.

All of this can be rolled in to one pithy little sentence: You can lead a horse to water, but not a knobhead to google.

1. Phil Endecott

Re: Use the all purpose tool

By that logic, the entire article could be simplified to "Neo Technology has released Neo4j 3.0" and we could just use Google to find out the rest.

3. Ian Michael Gumby

This is kinda neat...

This makes the graph database more viable and probably a bit more scale-able.

I've played a little with graph databases, but small ones. Neo4J was more than enough to manage.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like