back to article Speaking in Tech: Can Tesla make enough spare parts? Can it make enough CARS?

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, the whole gang is together to talk about Tesla, Dell and VCE news, Revolv and Infinio. Our special guest this week is Sheryl Koenigsberg (aka @StorageDiva), senior director of marketing at Infinio Systems. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

> When will he run it like a company?

You mean like Oracle and Microsoft. Yeah, great idea that.

Funny thing though. Lots of people really love both him and his company. Perhaps he actually has a vision that's a little bit greater than making a quick buck.

1. Knieriemen

No... like a company where I can walk into a factory store and buy a car. Waiting two years (probably closer to 3 years) for a car? That's not revolutionary, it's de-evolutionary.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Well if you don't like the service, then buy a car from someone else.

Thousands of people seem quite happy to wait.

It's not like Musk isn't being up-front about the wait.

2. werdsmith Silver badge

I'll have to wait a bit more than 2 years for my next car anyway, because I'm in the first year of a lease deal. I suspect a lot of people are in that position.

It's great that Tesla have disrupted the car business, but at the moment they expect people to buy their cars. I don't buy cars, I just lease one that I can comfortably afford. In my thinking I'm not buying a car, but the convenience and time saving that the car gives me. I can see me in an EV or PHEV for my next car largely because of Tesla's lead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like