back to article Google debuts Node.js beta on its App Engine

Google has added support for Node.js on its marmitey App Engine on a managed VM beta basis. JavaScript devs have been offered the chance to use the Chocolate Factory's cloud service to tend to their web and mobile apps. The far-from-universally adored App Engine intends to offer an easy service for developers to "build, …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    FAIL

Make work for idle hands

Now on Google AppEngine: Reinvented square wheel which is being flattened performance-wise by old-school Java application servers anyway and (hopefully?) meant for people who:

1) Think JavaScript must be used everywhere in spite of being so bad that there are languages on top that "transpile" to it

2) Have obviously converted to IT from management and are convinced Node.js is "hot" but are otherwise bereft of any serious domain knowledge

3) Basically haven't understood that there is an OS between their "synchronous" call and the hardware (it's what the OS is for, duh)

FAIL icon because there is no USELESS icon.

1. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

Re: Make work for idle hands

My first Commercial app was written in x86 assembly. These days if I really need performance, I write C++. But generally javascript is fine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like