back to article Twitter CEO Jack's off to the settings page, adds robot-sorted tweets

It's official – Twitter is slightly moving away from being a hosepipe of real-time wittering. It will use an algorithm to sort tweets into some arbitrary order. However, twits will still be able to sort tweets by time and date as per normal, so there's no need to panic. Rumors of the switch to robot-promoted-tweets have had …

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

"Pull to refresh"... whatnow?

2. Diodelogic

Twitter CEO Jack's off to the settings page

Rule 34?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Twitterbollox

Just thought of that. Seems to fit quite well

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

320 million?

Most small businesses these days have a website. The chip shop, the farm shop, the dentist etc. There are loads of people offering SEO for these things for fairly low prices and all the offers include making a facebook* and twitter for the company, then facebook auto posts to twitter.

A friend of mine is always having ideas about making a company, he will make the website, setup the facebook and twitter and then pay outsourcers to write content. He must have done this 10 or 15 times now.

These are just a few of the active users that count towards that number and since they are almost autonomous, they are indifferent to advertising.

*making "a" facebook and twitter doesn't really sound right, but i have no idea what the correct term should be when i can't be bothered to refer to them separately.

1. frank ly

Re: 320 million?

"making a facebook and twitter presence", "making a web presence" , "webifying"?

1. AMBxx Silver badge

Me too. I add a new post to my website's blog. It automatically generates a tweet and a linkedin post. Other than that, I don't use Twitter at all.

Twitter always seems like the nutter who stands in the middle of an empty field shouting at the sky.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Aye, that and Faecebook too.

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

*making "a" facebook and twitter doesn't really sound right, but i have no idea what the correct term should be when i can't be bothered to refer to them separately.

I would suggest: excreted.

As in, the marketing department have excreted a TwitFace.

5. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"The San Francisco upstart..."

Middle-aged boy-wonder, more like...

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Florida1920
    Pint

live, up-to-the-second experience you already know and love

If Twitter started selling whatever Jahr's smoking their profits would skyrocket.

8. Tim J

"a hosepipe of real-time wittering"

Nice!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like