back to article VMware's Tech Day Online: A conference you can attend from your desk

Need an infrastructure refresher but stuck at your desk ploughing through New Year projects? VMware has the answer. Tech Day Online is a conference you can attend from your desk. We're kicking off at 11:30am AEDT, 16 February, with a look at VMware's approach to bringing applications to the cloud and any device. Next, your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Original Steve

Am I behind the times?

Last few years my employers have been Hyper-V shops, although I did a lot with vSphere 3.5 - 5.5 a few years back. I work for a small MSP / IT Services shop and most of our clients use Hyper-V, although we have one who is vSphere and just taken on another. That in mind I'd be quite interested in a refresher in VMWare's latest and greatest virtualisation stack. Loved their stuff when I last played with it properly.

Then I looked into it and realised it's yet another "cloud" offering.

Is it just me? Am I really behind with the modern IT shop / MSP with our infrastructure, and also our customers? We dabble with Azure for toying with stuff, as do one or two of our bigger customers, and we have a load of clients with Office 365, but moving VM's from a working virtualised platform in-house to VMWare's (or anyone's) "cloud" just doesn't appeal. Do I need to see the light?

Give me a "virtual conference" on vSphere or HyperV, maybe even KVM and I'll bite your hand off.

But attending a half day conference on "cloud" (VMWare's as well) doesn't tickle my fancy. Especially if you're not even throwing in the coffee.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I thought these things were called 'webinars' now...

3. Jaded

Australian Eastern Daylight Time:

11:30 AM (11:30)

GMT Time (Local):

0:30 AM (0:30)

GMT ( UTC ):

0:30 AM (0:30)

night shift!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like