back to article Former NetApp chief chap boards board at storage upstart Cohesity

Dan Warmenhoven is joining Cohesity’s board to add his gravitas to the startup’s efforts to be seen as a major player. He was NetApp CEO from 1994 to August 2009 and then its executive chairman from then until April 2014. His replacement as CEO was his hand-picked successor Tom Georgens, who also became chairman in April 2014 …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How NetApp kills the competition

By getting their underperforming and marginal executives hired by potentially successful startups

They already managed to deliver a death blow to Nimble that way.

2. Val Bercovici

$50M to $5B

I would not lightly dismiss the business instincts and operational skills of a leader who took NetApp from 50 million to over 5 billion in revenue. That was truly an extremely rare and remarkable feat in both an absolute and relative sense.

I will always be an unapologetic huge fan of Dan's.

-Val.

3. Homer Simpson 1

Totally disagree with comments about Warmenhoven

I've been in multiple business situations with Dan, personally, during the time of cloud in its infancy. He's actually one of the brightest people on the planet, generally listens more than he speaks and has incredible situational awaremess and dynamic marketplace understanding. If a company has sold $50M into the storage market, they're on Dan's radar.

This choice gives me more confidence in Cohesity than before - he will be a voice on the board with the experience of taking a company from under $100M to several billion. That's a rare talent.

Good fortune for Cohesity. Unfair comments.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like