back to article Hacker reveals lifestyles of the rich and famous in UAE bank pop

A hacker who appears to have cut and run has reportedly dumped bank information relating to thousands of a cashed-up United Arab Emirates bank customers. The hacker using the handle "Hacker Buba" claimed to local media to have popped Invest Bank before demanding US$3 million in ransom in order to withhold releasing the files …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not good.

I wonder how this relates to customers.

Especially after the reports of HBOS having customer details at risk and the likes of Standard Bank PLC not checking for fraudulent account applications if you paid them a "fee".

2. Your alien overlord - fear me

Serves them right for not hiding their money offshore as all other millionaires do.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No need as there is no income tax in UAE I believe.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Although 110 million sounds like a handsome sum for us poor El Reg reading losers, in the world of powerbanking wer're talking about small change here. A 12M account ? Please, some people find this kind of money between their sofa cushions when the pizza delivery guy shows up.

1. Michael Thibault

> some people find this kind of money between their sofa cushions when the pizza delivery guy shows up.

Site needed.

1. jake Silver badge

Michael Thibault asks:

"Site needed."

Uh ... between their sofa cushions?

2. L05ER

my thoughts exactly.

i figured i would seen billions for the total with the UAE involved...

4. Kev99 Silver badge

One more example of the bean counters running the show instead of techies who can finds theirs without a proctologist's help. Remember, a web or net is just a bunch of holes held together with a little string. And a cloud is just a bunch of air held together with water vapor.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like