back to article Debian daddy Murdock joins the unstoppable Docker crusade

Debian daddy Ian Murdock has joined Linux container shop Docker. Murdock, who founded Debian in 1993 and led the project for three years during its birth, has taken up position as a member of Docker’s technical staff. Details of Murdock’s role or responsibilities were not available at time of writing. Docker, though, has a …

1. John Stoffel

management does suck for techies...

I note he's gone from management higher up, down to techie, where I suspect he'll be a higher up, but one who does more of what makes him happy.

Good for him!

2. Gray
    Linux

Top of the heap

Mint, Debian, and Ubuntu consistently rank 1-2-3 on DistroWatch.com's hit rankings, indicating public interest in the Debian/Ubuntu versions remains high. Even here on cynic central, Mint is usually the choice when recommending an alternative to the Windows revulsion.

Well done, Ian! What a lovely legacy.

1. Peter Mount

Re: Top of the heap

Same here, Mint for desktop & Debian personally for servers.

Up until Ubuntu 9.4 desktop was fine then WiFi broke & Mint just worked. Never looked back

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the small print

Docker also announced that Ian would not be joining their main office just yet. He'll be in the unstable garage until he can compile on a Belgian translation running on IA-64 with no errors, followed by a six week waiting period. After that there will be some argument over if his paperwork is GNU compliant, so he'll be moved to an unofficial office across the river.

When he's about 5 years past his prime, he'll finally be allowed into the main office. Don't worry, they have good first-aid, so they'll patch him up if he gets injured, though.

(I kid, I kid, I remember waiting for potato to become stable...)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like