back to article Meego, webOS, Sailfish OS, and now Firefox OS: Ex-Nokia man Jaaksi joins Mozilla

Mozilla has appointed ex-Nokia man Ari Jaaksi as its new senior veep of connected devices. "In this role, Ari will be responsible for Firefox OS and broader exploration of opportunities to advance our mission across the ever-increasing range of connection points of the modern Internet, i.e. phones, TVs, [internet of things], …

1. x 7

sounds like the kiss of death

nothing he touches prospers

with luck Firefox OS will be terminated and they'll concentrate on sorting out the browser

But seriously........given the infighting history and lack of success at Nokia and HP, would you hire a senior manager from either? No chance from where I'm viewing

2. Gene Cash Silver badge

Mobile Firefox can't run on Android without crashing at the drop of a hat. I shudder to think what the OS must be like.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I shudder to think what the OS must be like.

In reviews of new smart TVs in the mainstream media it's the only interface that is good enough to earn a positive mention

2. Caspy7

No complaints.

Works great for me.

3. Jess

Mobile Firefox can't run on Android without crashing at the drop of a hat.

Now you mention it, it does seem to be a little unstable on my android tablet, but with the addition of noscript it runs quite nicely on my BlackBerry.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jaaksi

Will all the British readers please stop sniggering.

1. dogged
  4. John Tserkezis

"build the ultimate phone experience for the hundreds of millions of people who love Firefox, who care about having a secure, trusted, independent alternative that is hackable, customizable, and powerful as an open platform for innovation."

When they say "open platform", does that mean we can actually do what WE WANT with it, or is just another locked down OS, like all the others. I want the term "pre-rooted" to not exist, but be the default.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to la-la land.

5. MrWibble
    Joke

Now that's a CV to be proud of!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like