back to article Who probes the Google probers? EU Commish in watchdog's sights

As the European Commission puts the screws on Google, the Commish itself is to be probed by the European Ombudsman over its handling of the long-running anti-trust case. The Ombudsman, Emily O’Reilly, confirmed in writing on Monday that she will investigate concerns raised by French company Interactive Lab, following its …

1. ratfox
    Paris Hilton

They didn’t consult us about the settlement, despite saying publicly that they had asked everyone

I've been following the whole story for a while, but I can't say I remember reading about Interactive Labs. Does anybody knows what they do? A cursory search did not return much, which is probably due to Google deliberately removing them from the results… Or the fact that there are bazillions of web pages containing the words "interactive labs".

1. msknight

You would have thought that DuckDuckGo might have taken advantage, but a search for "interactive labs france company" turned up a small team of software and design engineers in Mexico and another in Boston MA. *sigh* ah well.

2. Daggerchild Silver badge

The monster under the bed of the monster under the bed

Call me suspicious, but this couldn't have anything to do with the vast amount of money Microsoft is pumping into EU lobbying at the moment, that have perpetually but silently eclipsed Google's own efforts, could it?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The monster under the bed of the monster under the bed

The way it seems to me, this guy here, who's trying to sell a book about Google, was not only ignored by DG COMP, but even by Microsoft.

Maybe that's what he's so unhappy about.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like