back to article Paul Maritz retires from Pivotal, says his time as a manager is over

Paul Maritz has stepped down as CEO of Pivotal. Maritz is a former VMware CEO and in a storied career can point to having started Microsoft's Windows NT, now Windows Server, business and having a big hand in getting Windows 95 out the door. He's spent the last 15 years in various senior roles at EMC, where he was seen as a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Enjoy Your Retirement Paul

EMC'er here. I loved Paul, he is a great guy, and look forward to seeing the results of his mentoring.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Feel quite sorry for him, Pivotal became a dumping ground for VMwares dead end acquisitions.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Paul Maritz is a very nice guy - an absolute legend, brain the size of a planet - and wonderful to talk with. I've been lucky enough to have a few meetings with him - plus a few private dinners. (I don't work for Pivotal). Dry sense of humour as well.

Big loss to Pivotal. Rob Mee is great, but he is no Paul Maritz.

The next few months will be fascinating for the EMC Federation.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Never met Paul, but saw him talk many times since the early NT days right through to Pivotal. He has a brain the size of a planet, the ultimate geek.

Good on him, and let's hope he can spread his awesomeness a bit further.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon