back to article Brit-educated bloke takes Dept of Homeland Security's infosec reins

The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has appointed Andy Ozment, currently the Assistant Secretary of the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications – the DHS's main processing center for threat information sharing – as leader of its cybersecurity centre. Ozment will remain in his current assistant role, while assuming …

1. adnim
    Meh

"Brit-educated bloke"

That used to mean something... When was he educated?

When the British education system actually taught its pupils or when the British education system taught one how to pass an exam?

1. smudge

Re: "Brit-educated bloke"

His PhD (2003-2007) supervisor at Cambridge was Ross Anderson. Must have had some interesting discussions if Ozment was as pro-government then as his subsequent career would suggest.

2. Lars Silver badge
      Happy

Re: "Brit-educated bloke"

Pulls India out of the Empire.

2. Dan Paul

"Security Secretary Johnson stated that the two will provide a combination of operational experience, leadership, and strategic insight needed to take the NCCIC to the next level for our cybersecurity." ®

Anyone who ever used online banking would have more security experience than the idiots we have running the asylum now. Not to mention more than the the "Buzzword Bingo Bonanza" winner in charge of the whole security theater.

Let's hope that these two can survive the culture shock of working with the numpties in the "Emperors New Closet".

3. Blank-Reg
    Joke

Ozment? I read that as Ozzel for a moment. If I were him I'd be careful and not get too overconfident - the next time there's a databreach, you'll find him lifeless in a corridor somewhere with his throat mysteriously strangled....

4. kain preacher

So can we Americans trade some of our civil servants to the UK ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No you bloody well can't! We've got enough incompetents over hear without you shovelling more our way!

5. kain preacher

Just few IRS agents, DMV employees and fuck ton of TSA agents.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like