back to article Sick burn, LOSER! Nvidia recalls Shield gaming slabs over BLAZE RISK

Nvidia has today urged gamers to stop using its eight-inch Shield tablets, and send them back to base, because they are a fire risk. Nearly 90,000 units in America and Canada have been recalled over fears they will burn players. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a recall notice that there have been four …

1. HighTech4US

Do a Poll

Quote: Nevertheless, the recall includes 83,000 fondleslabs sold in the US, and 5,000 sold in Canada. While Nvidia hasn't released Shield sales numbers as yet, that's got to be a fairly high percentage of the gaming tablet's sales.

Why don't you do a Poll and ask owners if they have the B01 or Y01 battery. Then you could have a reliable number instead of just guessing.

1. Kimo

Re: Do a Poll

I have the Y01 variant as well. I take it from the 2-4 week replacement estimate that Nvidia has plenty of backstock on hand. Which is good news for us, but not a great sign when it comes to sales data.

2. Plunn

Not just in the US. I'm a UK Shield tablet user in the UK. Purchased from Amazon at Christmas and I have the dodgy battery. Now advised not to use it and it will be 2-4 weeks for a replacement.

3. m0rt

Same here. Bought March this year.

Amazon uk have withdrawn them from sale, I see.

All they would do is refund, not replace.

1. Gannet

RTFM?

This is a manufacturer recall so you need to follow the nVidia process to acquire a replacement:

http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/registration/registration

Amazon!=manufacturer

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like