back to article Australian dark matter hunter wins AU$1.75 million funding

In among the continuing bad-news stories for science funding in Australia, the federal government has at least found some spare coins for dark matter research. It did, at least, find money in the budget to sling AU$1.75 million towards the planned Stawell Underground Physics Laboratory. The lab would convert a played-out mine …

1. Scott Earle
    FAIL

A new low

You spell the name of your COUNTRY wrong? In the TITLE?

Austrailan?

1. Martin Budden Silver badge

Re: A new low

Shirley Rihcard Chigrwin haz speel chekker?

1. Scott Earle

Evidently not.

And don't call me Shirley.

2. Martin Budden Silver badge

p.s. I hope nobody suggests we should use the "Tips and corrections" link: I've tried it before on several occasions and never had any kind of response, so I don't believe it does anything.

1. Scott Earle

Also, by posting a 'correction', you don't get to mock the author publicly - an important consideration.

1. Richard Chirgwin (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: A new low

Thanks all for drawing my attention to the typo. It's been fixed.

2. Gray Ham Bronze badge
          Angel

Re: puzzled

I hope nobody suggests we should use the "Tips and corrections" link

I will! I've always found that I get a prompt response to anything I send through that link.

1. Scott Earle

Re: puzzled

That depends on the author. Mr Chirgwin is actually pretty good at responding. Some other people just update the article and remain silent.

2. mpc755

Physicists are starting to realize the notions of dark matter and the dark matter particle are incorrect. They are referring to the mass which fills 'empty' space as the 'dark mass' in order to distinguish it from the baggage associated with dark matter.

'Dark Energy/Dark Mass: The Slient Truth'

https://tienzengong.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/dark-energydark-mass-the-silent-truth/

"That is, all that we are certain about [is] the dark mass, not dark matter, let alone to say about the dark 'particle'."

Particles of matter move through and displace the dark mass, including 'particles' as large as galaxies and galaxy clusters.

The Milky Way moves through and curves spacetime.

The Milky Way moves through and displaces the dark mass.

The state of displacement of the dark mass is curved spacetime.

1. Doctor_Wibble
      Trollface

Delay tactics

Obviously they are all biding their time while trying to figure out exactly how many of the laws of physics are turning out to 'need an adaptive expression to allow greater accuracy in the light of new data' and how this can be done without using the word 'wrong'.

Yes there's this stuff out there that you can't see and I'd like loads of money to research it!

Back in a tick, I'll just get the wheelbarrow.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Angel

Re: Delay tactics

The trouble is that you could well be right. Its like infinity if that is the result then something is probably wrong with what you have proposed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like