back to article Anonymous benefactor to match today's Quid-A-Day donations

A Register reader who wishes to remain anonymous has said he will match all donations today to the El Reg Quid-A-Day Nosh Posse's 2015 Live Below the Line fundraising total in aid of Malaria No More UK, up to a maximum of £750. This piece of generosity was apparently prompted by the belief that other fans of Vulture Central …

1. Santa from Exeter

Bugger!

Just got a mate to donate and he sent it to my personal page. Will this count oh Mysterious Benefactor?

It's the £30 one, so it will make a difference!

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Bugger!

I do wish they'd add donations to individuals to the team total.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
        Thumb Up

Re: Bugger!

Oh, do they not do so? I thought it was the other way round, and donations didn't show up on the team page - as I've got a few hopefully coming in today. Booo.

Anyway, thank you to our myserious benefactor.

Re: Re: Bugger!

Our benefactor says the 30 quid will count. The system is bloody daft. If you're part of a team, you shouldn't be able to accept individual donations. It doesn't make sense - I personally have raised £0, because I've been directing everyone to the Nosh Posse page.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Donor here. Thank you to everyone who has so far given

I really appreciate it. If anyone else has the urge to ripple their wallet, even if it's for the price of a pint (or just a half, as if anyone here knows what a half is), please do. It will save lives.

Thanks you all again!

Re: Donor here. Thank you to everyone who has so far given

Indeed - thanks very much to everyone who's chipped in so far.

3. msknight

Smeg.

I donated yesterday! *grumbles* ... so I've donated today as well. Never look at gift horse in the mouth, 'cause horses can't use a toothbrush, and all that....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon