back to article TWO-FACED Facebook: Vid calls slapped into blabber app

Ad platform Facebook has added vidcalls to its Messenger smartmobe chat app – bringing it in line with Apple's Facetime and Microsoft's Skype. A little video camcorder icon should appear in the application; tapping that should start the vid session between you and your friend. It works between iOS and Android phones, and is …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Test Man

Who cares though when everyone is using Facebook Messenger? This is good news when all your friends are also on this app.

2. crayon
    Facepalm

They should have innovated like Apple did by calling it something cool like Facepalm.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So their app, now does what whatsapp does,the app that they spent 100 bijillion dollars for?

Wonder if I can persuade them to buy another app that does the same thing as lots of other apps, so that they can make their app do it too....

1. Steven Raith

So WhatsApp does realtime video calls?

Could have fooled me....

4. ukgnome

So what data does a 10 min call use?

5. Alistair
    Windows

now... lets see ...

Facechat, *now with relevant advertising*

I forsee every 5 minutes or so your "chat session" getting interrupted with "commercials".

Of course, they will *ONLY* be for things that you've "liked" and or clicked on from your feed in the past, so they are of COURSE appropriate for the individual you are face chatting with. This is important since now you can share your perspective with the one you are face chatting with.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong here..........

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like