back to article Kremlin hackers exploited TWO 0-day Flash, Windows vulns

A hacking group probably backed by Russia has been making use of two zero-day exploits to target foreign governments. The so-called "Operation RussianDoll" attackers used zero-day exploits in Adobe Flash and Windows to target a specific foreign government organisation. Security firm FireEye says the pattern of the attacks …

1. Robert Helpmann??
    Childcatcher

Patching the Patches

Adobe independently released a patch for the CVE-2015-3043 vulnerability in its software on Tuesday...

In the mean time, I have patched my machines with an alternate PDF reader and rid myself of Adobe Flash, as well. I am trying to get my workplace environment to follow suit, but no luck so far.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah, FireEye the 'reds under the bed' company. According to their stance everything has to be caused by communists, be they Russians or Chinese, it can't be anyone else.

The thing they seem to forget is that most governments have lousy security on their IT which is an open invitation to anyone to try and see if they can get into the systems.

1. Mark 85

You left out the Norks... oh... nevermind, that's the FBI's scapegoat this year.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And besides all those hackers may be coming from Russia, but they are all volunteers.

3. mhenriday
    FAIL

«'Only a well funded threat actor,

in this case a nation state one associated with the Russian government', would be capable of pulling off the assault, according to FireEye.»

Roma locuta, causa finita....

Henri

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like