back to article 17 Carnations, The Art of Creative Thinking and Last Night on Earth

El Reg bookworm Mark Diston looks at literature's latest with biographer Andrew Morton's take on our estranged royals' relationship with Adolf and his pals. University lecturer Rod Judkins compiles a book brimming with ideas to boost creativity and Kevin Maher's second novel has an Anglo-Irish, pre-millennium theme combined with …

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

NIgel?

Crikey, I thought for a second that was a photoshopped image with a Nigel Farage picture superimposed.

2. WalterAlter

Royalty and Nazis? Who Would have Guessed

Nazi 5th columnists existed in every country on the planet. We think they all evaporated on Walpurgisnacht 1945. They didn't. Their demon spawn occupy the board rooms of mega corporations and banks and bar stool neo-imperialist Social-Darwinist globalist neo-feudalist anachro-romanticist revetments on every street corner on the planet. Want some eye opener with your morning coffee, Google 'Savitri Devi'.

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Happy

Re: Royalty and Nazis? Who Would have Guessed

I've always loved you...

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is685/bluesbrothersnazipinto1.4641.jpg

3. Youngone Silver badge

Odd question

The Andrew Morton book about Edward VIII looks interesting, but the question about why he holed up with some Rothschilds is an odd one, as the answer seems pretty obvious to me.

Their Jewishness would seem to be irrelevant to someone as dim and small minded as Edward, just the fact they are extremely wealthy and willing to support his lifestyle would seem to be enough.

Born into privilege, he lived his life as a drain on society.

4. Whit.I.Are

Windsors?

Doesn't he mean Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha?

1. dogged

Re: Windsors?

No, he means the Windsors. George V changed the name by decree.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon