back to article Tin-rattlers want to digitise lady engineers' historic exploits

The UK's Women's Engineering Society (WES) is indulging in some light tin-rattling aimed at digitising almost 100 years of the Women Engineer Journal. WES was formed in 1919 as a response to female exclusion from engineering's professional bodies, and quickly published the first issue of what would become the quarterly Women …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sexist shite

So there's a society for recently-unemployed Booth Babes ?

That's nice.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Donkey Molestor X

Re: Sexist shite

> Sexist shite

> So there's a society for recently-unemployed Booth Babes ?

> That's nice.

Lighten up, Francis.

2. Jim 59

Remember: an Engineer is somebody who wares a hard hat for work. That's appears to be the message from the Register, and from WES too (see their website).

1. Donkey Molestor X

>Remember: an Engineer is somebody who wares a hard hat for work. That's appears to be the message from the Register, and from WES too (see their website).

"I have nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?"

2. Dan Paul

No, Jim 59

That's only the result of using the least expensive collection of stock website images. The pictures they tag as "Engineers" all have hardhats

Real engineers leave their hardhat and safety shoes in the car along with the drawings.

3. Spleen

A Kickstarter organised by a reputable organisation with goals that are measurable and achievable and that isn't just trying to scam people into investing in someone's business for no equity? Is there a button somewhere to report this?

4. Stevie

Bah!

Thin end of the wedge. They'll demand the vote next.

5. x 7

I wonder if any of them can sing "The Engineer's Song"

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As a between jobs mechanical engineer

Like since 1996 when Tool and Die making left England, and I ended up an IT whore

so I gave them some funding, as I have met some very talented women Engineers as well as talented IT ones....

Pity they have to try twice as hard as some shite men engineers to get the same recognition

But they do brighten up the workshop and know some very crude jokes!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: As a between jobs mechanical engineer

To paraphrase then..

<statements disassociating onesself from prejudice people>

and

<statements making prejudiced generalisations about people>

= ???

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

We all know that men who pretend to be feminists are really just doing it because they can't get women to talk to them any other way.

1. x 7

We all know that women who pretend to be feminists are really lesbians who are just doing it because they can't get women to talk to them any other way.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon